Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Quick, Easy and Delicious Meatloaf

Ever look at the clock and realize you haven't even prepped a thing for dinner yet? 

There's no time to defrost any meats from the freezer. 
You realize you're missing a key ingredient to make one of your usual signature dishes. 
Oh man! Dinner for the family is going to be a real gong show if you don't think of anything, and quick!



I happened to have some ground beef in the fridge (who doesn't have ground beef in their fridge?) and I needed to use it. 
Sure, I could've made spaghetti with ground beef (it IS a hit with my toddler) but we just finished eating this dish a few days ago. And I ran out of time to make my easy and yummy shepherd's pie.  Not to mention we ran out of potatoes.

I was semi-freaking out.

Then came along Pinterest.

Oh Pinterest. You've helped me soooo many times, I don't know what I'd do without you.

A recipe on my feed caught my eye instantly. "Easy Meatloaf". Ok, meatloaf is already easy to make.. but gathering all the ingredients and measuring, cutting, smelling for flavour is a tad time consuming. 

When I saw the recipe for this, I knew it was a sign that I had to try it out. It really looked easy all because of a secret ingredient.

The secret ingredient??  STUFFING MIX!!


Thanks to this blog and her easy meatloaf recipe.. I can confirm that this is a hit for dinner!

Here's what you need:

1 Pound Ground Meat (Beef or Turkey)
1 Egg
1 Box Stuffing Mix
1 Cup Water

Mix everything together, pack it into a loaf pan, and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.

See! Quick & Easy! 

I did add a bit of ketchup + brown sugar mix on top during the last 10-15 minutes which adds a bit of sweetness kick.  It's really up to you. You can also add a dash more salt & pepper but it's not really necessary.  Ketchup though on the side is a must.. well, for me anyways! :)

I'm going to make sure I have more stuffing mix on hand incase I'm in a real jam for dinner ideas!



Update:
Here's a pic of the final product, incase you didn't know what meatloaf looked like.....

I stole a piece before I took a picture.



1 comment:

  1. That's certainly one easy meatloaf dish to make! I bet it tastes yummy! You should have taken a picture of your finished product so I could salivate over it haha :) Wait, her blog has no picture of it either! How am I supposed to drool?? ;) hehe jk.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...